Sunday, October 31, 2010

{new} Polaroid

Yes, I bought another one.  I just couldn't resist.  I recently discovered that Fuji still makes instant 100-series instant film.  To say I was thrilled is an understatement.  I wondered if my parents still had their old Polaroid from when I was a kid, but I was afraid it was an 80-series camera (which you cannot find film for).  And I was right.  Bummer!

So my search was on for a 100-series Polaroid Camera.  I've always had good experiences with Etsy, so that's where I went.  And I found it ... a Colorpack II made between 1969 and 1972.  So it was born when I was. Very cool.   My new little treasure came in the mail last week and it was in great shape, very clean and ready for me to play.


I eagerly awaited the delivery of my film, and I was excited when it arrived yesterday.  I've taken a few pictures and I AM IN LOVE with this camera!  This is peel-apart film.  Remember that from back in the day?  Yes, me too ... it develops in a pack and you peel it apart and there's your print with a little white border. 

I scanned the prints, but alas ... my scanner leaves a lot to be desired.  I'm really bummed about how they scanned and didn't want to share them.  Perhaps I'll take a digital picture of them later.



I don't know what those strange gray shadows/whatever are on the above picture ... they're not on the original.  The actual prints are much better than these scans ... they are quite lovely {to me}. They are very crisp and clear and colorful.  Apparently I need a new {better} photo scanner ... it's always something!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?