Saturday, January 21, 2012

Bathroom Demo!

Hubby and I have been discussing remodeling our bottom floor for some time now. We thought there was a possibility of buying a house sometime in the near future, but we have since realized that the wisest thing is for us to stay put and love the house we're in. So a few weeks ago I got a wild hair and decided it was time to start the renovations. And I proceeded to demo (demolish, not demonstrate!) our half bath …

I wanted to document the entire process, so here are pictures of the before:







And now I have begun the process:


First, the baseboards had to some off the wall:


Yes, that is a pink hammer. A loooooooong time ago, when I didn't know any better, I asked for a pink tool set. Yes, they are crappy tools, but this hammer serves its purpose :)


Baseboards gone: ✓

Now to remove the toilet:



Toilet gone: ✓ It was surprisingly simple and easy!

Now to remove the cabinet and sink. Boy what a project that was! It was wedged in there well! Remember, I've never done anything like this in my life! I finally got it out and I must say, it was quite cathartic … I thoroughly enjoyed the process :)


Sorry for the crappy picture, but I wanted to show you the room sans toilet and cabinet/sink.


Cabinet and sink removed: ✓



Oh, and there's my trusty drill. I ♥ it so :)

Now … it was time to remove the mirror. It wasn't a big mirror, but it was glued to the wall. And we were working in a small space. And we did something really, really stupid to remove it from the wall. We taped it up and proceeded to break it. Yes, yes … stupid. But kind of fun. Don't worry, we'll remove all the other mirrors in our house the right way :)



Mirror gone: ✓
Floor gone: ✓ oooo that was fun to rip up and remove!


The bathroom is demo'd and ready for a renovation …

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?