Saturday, February 12, 2011

Eat This Book

And he said to me, “Son of man, eat what is before you, eat this scroll; then go and speak to the people of Israel.” Ezekiel 3:1
Recently God has shown me how little of His Word I have truly hidden in my heart that I might not sin against Him. I've been thinking about it lately, about Scripture memorization. I read the Holy Experience blog and I adore Ann Voskamp. She talks about the subject a lot. And she shares many great tips and wise words. And honestly? It's because of selfishness that I don't practice this important discipline. When I have free time I want to spend it on me. And that's just the truth.

But always spending my free time on me, though it may be permissible, it is not beneficial (1 Cor. 10:23). God's teaching me a lot about that little verse these days, but that's for another post altogether. Back to Scripture memorization. Am I the only who finds it difficult?

I did come across this great recourse on Ann's blog:
http://www.downes.ca/memorization.htm
You simply copy Scripture and then paste it in the top box. Hit the convert button and you get the first letter of each word back. Like this:


That's my life Psalm … Psalm 139. I'm trying to hide it in my heart. I gotta tell ya so many obstacles come in my path. I have yet to fully memorize it, but it is my current goal. But this print out of just the  first letter of each word is helping me.

I'll not reinvent the wheel when Ann has great resources here regarding Scripture memorization. Do go and check them out for yourself if you are interested. Now I think I will go and work on my Psalm … ♥

EDITING to add: Just found THIS wonderful resource - Daily Audio Bible … just click on "Listen Now" and, well, listen now ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?