Saturday, October 16, 2010

Junkin' … or not ...

{warning … tons of pictures follow Ü }

So during our trip to Blue Ridge one of my goals was to go antiquing. Supposedly (and that is the key word … supposedly) there was tons of great antiquing there. Umm. Yeah. Not so much.  In Ellijay … maybe (I did snag an old & lovely mantel there). But Blue Ridge? Well, let's just say that most "antique" places carried stuff you'd find at Kirklands. And bears. Lots of bears.

Suffice it to say that I was thrilled to see this place on the road:


But alas they were closed :( … so Brandon called the # on the sign and the owner told us that he would meet us later that afternoon so we could go inside. I snapped these outside (no trespassing!) before we left that morning:









Needless to say, I was incredibly thrilled, wondering what treasures I might find there. So we ventured on for the day looking forward to our hunt that afternoon.

Four o'clock came and, well … let's just say I took a lot of pictures:

This guy knew what he had. American Pickers supposedly (there's that supposedly word again) wanted to come and film there. Maybe they did.  I don't know. What I do know is that the prices were OUTrageous. I bought nothing. The owner said that business is really slow. I can see why. Hello!  You want how much for that rusty fan that isn't even cleaned up that I have seen before in clean and working order at other places for a fraction of your price??

But I like the pictures I got (and if you know me you know that sometimes that's treasure enough) …

























So it wasn't a total loss.  I did learn that antique prices are better in Atlanta … go figure!

2 comments:

  1. One word, Craigslist. Specifically, the "free" section. amazing what people throw away. And dumpsters at apartment complexes. Someone threw out an underwood typewriter, which I snapped up for my daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Craigslist :) … I can't believe you found an Underwood typewriter in an apartment dumpster … what find!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?