Tuesday, June 1, 2010

I'm Still Here … and Memorial Day Fun :)

I haven't written on here in a while.  Not because there's nothing going on.  On the contrary.  There are some deeply personal things going on in my heart and in my life.  Every day I am utterly amazed at our God.  He is patient and kind and has completely perfect timing.  He is truly an amazing God.  I hate to not share with you what He's been doing.  But it's so personal that I'm not sure how to really communicate it, ya know?  Perhaps sometime soon I'll share.  I dunno.  But probably.

In the meantime … here's something not so personal …

We had a fabulous Memorial Day … I hope you did too!  It's always good to celebrate the freedom that we have the privilege to live under because of the sacrifices of so many.  We spent the day as a family, but surprisingly not at the lake!  Instead we were lazy in the morning ( ♥ ) and then we went to a place nearby called Grower's Outlet to buy some new plants for my new flower garden.  Yes, I am aware that it's June and that I'm here in the deep south.  Yes, I should have done this months ago.  I didn't.  But I am now.  I've always been a vegetable gardener, never a flower gardener.  But I'm changing that.  So anyway … we bought many plants at about $.75 to $1.50 each … we spent a total of $46 on about 35 plants.  Woo hoo … can't beat that!

{pictures coming in the next post =) }

Then we stopped at Washington Farms on the way home.  There weren't too many strawberries left, but there were enough!  And can you believe that Brandon has never done that before?


Then we came home and the girls played with our neighbors on our slip-n-slide.  OK, I don't think that technically it's a slip-n-slide since it's not the official brand.  And it broke …. first day using it after I bought it and the holes holding the stakes broke.  I never have had that happen with a real slip-n-slide!  Anyway, I digress.


Then we made wings on the grill and homemade pico de gallo and corn on the cob.  Mmmmm.Homemade pico de gallo is heaven.  All those flavors and the smells!  Oh my, the beautiful smells!  This is the recipe I use and it's great every time (except last night I made it a little too spicy!  Oops!  But we kept eating it any way … with those hint of lime chips.  Yum!!


Then it was showers and bedtime.  A good day.  God is working and I am cleaning out and I am growing, much like my home and my yard. I'm working on the pix of my new garden and maybe I'll have them ready for you tomorrow. I hope you have a fabulous evening!

1 comment:

  1. We skipped out on the strawberry fields this year. I don't know how my scrapbooks will survive without this year's strawberry layout :)

    Hope you'll post your experiences soon. Sometimes I find that there is just so much that to me is important to the "story", so I fear a blog post would be way too wordy! BUT, I'll tell you that I would rather read it ALL, than read nothing. Looking forward to it :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?