Thursday, September 2, 2010

Laundry Room Part 1

I hate doing laundry.  I know some people love it.  I'm not one of those people.  I'm really not sure why … I think it's the folding.  No, now that I think about it, it's not the folding as much as it's the putting away.  I really hate putting laundry away.  Just ask Brandon.  I am the queen of full baskets of freshly cleaned and folded laundry sitting … for days.  What?  It's been cleaned, I just haven't, um, found the time to put it away in my ridiculously busy schedule ;) !

That leads me to today's post and project … the laundry room (more like a laundry closet).  {WARNING - embarrassing pictures coming up!}  I grew weary of seeing this:


and this:


and this:


So I bought some cute (of course - would I buy anything else?) pop-up storage boxes from TJ Maxx:


I would've bought more, but that's all they had.  Bummer.

And then I proceeded to organize & clean out my laundry room:



See my cute polka-dotted brooms?  They make me happy when I sweep :) … please ignore those dirty  walls .. I'd like to paint them.  Eventually.


Ahhhh.  I actually don't mind the doors being open to it any more.  Above … that's my book that I use to make all my cleaners - Clean House, Clean Planet.  That and Borax.  I ♥ Borax.

So what is it about clean and ultra-organized space that makes me feel at peace?

Now to just replace this ugly (to me - please don't throw tomatoes at me if you like it!) 1990s country laundry sign -


with something more like this.  If I had more time in my ridiculously busy schedule today I'd have to make one.  Maybe tomorrow ...

2 comments:

  1. Cute. Cute Cute. Target has some solid-colored pop ups sale for 3.99 up here :o)

    Didn't someone get you that sign for your wedding? (It wasn't me, don't worry :o) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha Angela! No, I bought that … somewhere … sometime … in the mountains … at the time I thought it was cute, but that was nearly 13 years ago :)

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?