Friday, July 16, 2010

M&Ms

I bet you thought this would be a post about the fabulous candy of the same name, didn't you?  So sorry to disappoint!  No, no … I was thinking about my obsession with the letter M.  I collect the letter M. I just ♥ M. I think it's because my last name starts with an M. No, I know … I didn't really love the letter M until my last name changed almost 13 years ago. So now I collect Ms …


I decided to move the green M (that I made) off the mantel and to the wall shelves.  And I don't really like that small black and green M below - it's the first one I made, but it needs to be replaced … soon! :) 



Here's a closeup of the green M that I made … a little Modpodge, a little sandpaper and I ♥ it :)


And below if my favorite (and first) M thus far … whimsical & fun :)


I found a few neat ones on Etsy that I'm thinking about purchasing.  I'm always in the market for a good M.  That sounds so funny!  So … if a groovy M comes across your path be sure to pick it up for me!

4 comments:

  1. I've started collecting "M"s, too. In fact, I made (modpodged) my first one earlier this week! Love the way you have them displayed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same obsession with R's. Do you have the gold M from Hobby Lobby?? I have one that I am in the midst{since May} of painting and distressing. And you are so power tool savvy that you could find an M font online and cut one or more out of wood. Yes, do that and make me an R, too!! :)
    Elise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Elise … now I have to do that! Off to get a jigsaw ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never heard oc collecting particular letters of the alphabet before! Still, these look great and it's amazing what you can find on places such as Etsy.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?