Tuesday, January 26, 2010

20/365 ... orange

Are you aware that there are more than 27 million slaves in the world today? That's more than at the height of the Trans-Atlantic slave trade. The NOT FOR SALE campaign is a group of justice seekers united to fight the global slave trade and end human trafficking.

Last night I had a quick chat with a new friend who is burdened by Thailand. My heart was broken as we spoke. She has seen firsthand the devastation in that country and it has been on my mind last night and all of today.

I think one of my new favorite colors is orange. If you browse around the internet you can find some interesting information about colors. Orange, for instance, denotes energy, warmth and light. It stimulates the emotions, as well as the appetite. It represents the changing of the seasons, and so it's considered a color on the edge. Orange demands attention. Indeed it does just that.

OK. So what does human trafficking have to do with the brilliant color orange? The NOT FOR SALE campaign has adopted the color orange as the color of freedom. Wearing orange shows you’re a part of the movement to stop slavery. You can wear it in any form you choose - a hemp string, a bandana, a shirt, or something else. How you wear it is up to you - freedom is all about having possibilities!

When I saw this orange flag today I had to take a picture of it. It symbolizes what's been on my mind lately...


orange

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?