Friday, December 11, 2009

You've come a long way, baby!

Do any of you suffer from perfectionism? Remember my marketing and branding stuff? I changed it. Well, not a lot - it looks basically the same, but I did tweak it and I'm thinking in the spring I'll add in some pinks and blues. But I do know that I should keep it basically the same. Ooooo ... that's going to be hard for me to do! I'm always wanting to change things and make them better! My brain is constantly thinking, "That's not quite perfect ... yet!"

I am in the process of working on my new and incredibly improved website. It's coming ... soon I hope! In the meantime I am thinking that I really need to update this blog to match. But I won't do that just yet. I'll do that once I have my website complete.

I was just sitting here thinking about my obsessive personality.

It can be good and it can be bad. In the good way it leads me to doing my best in just about everything I do (except housekeeping - that's another story!). But in the bad way it holds me back from many things because of overwhelming fear that I can't or won't do them perfectly. I had an opportunity to get my pilot's license at one time and I did not do it because of fear of being less than perfect. I did land a plane once all on my own (there was an instructor present, but I did it on my own) and it SCARED ME TO DEATH!!! Seriously .... it's an amazing thing that I even began the photography business. Normally my obsessive it-must-be-perfect personality would hinder me from stepping out in such a big way. But I'm really proud of myself for just doing it. I just put myself out there and went for it. I enjoy this business - every aspect of it - and yesterday I sat down to see how the business was doing over the last month. My conclusion? It's doing well! It's only just begun and still such a baby, but I am pleased.

I have come a long way. I just can't believe I'm doing this. It's truly a joy and I'm thankful for the ability to do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?